Modus Advanced HiMag™ Surface Wave Absorber products are thin, very highly loaded sheet stock, having high loss at microwave frequencies, while maintaining the desirable characteristics of elastomeric binders. HiMag™ Surface Wave Absorbers are the most heavily magnetically loaded absorber, designed to exhibit the highest loss, and intended to be applied to metal surfaces for traveling or HiMag™ surface wave attenuation. HiMag™ Surface Wave Absorbers attenuate traveling wave energy at frequencies from 1 GHz to 20 GHz.
The standard elastomer for this product series is silicone. Other elastomer formulations are available which may be better suited for specific environmental conditions.
The primary method of application for HiMag™ Surface Wave Absorbers is utilizing a Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) backing. Other liquid and paste adhesives may be recommended. Please contact a WRS technical representative for more information pertaining to your specific needs.
ELECTRICAL PERFORMANCE: The performance plot shown above illustrates the reflection loss performance of this material. Reflection loss is measured on an NRL arch. For more information on the NRL arch test set-up, please contact a WRS technical representative. Additional electrical test data may be available upon request.
- Traveling or Creeping HiMag™ surface wave absorption, Resonant Cavity Attenuation, EM Reduction, Mounted to an IC on a PCB, Mounted directly on a microstrip, High Frequency Interference, Inside a shielding can.
Features and Benefits
- Tough material can survive outdoor exposure
- Very thin for compact locations
- Flexible elastomeric material will not crack
- Support broad frequency range
- RoHS Compliant
- Halogen Free
- Color: Dark Grey
- Elastomer: Silicone
- Operating Temperature: -60ºF to 375ºF
- Flame Rating: UL94-V0
- Hardness: Shore A 60-80